Monday 7 March 2011

We Have Morals

The circus is in town.

Ever since seeing Stanly Kubrick's photographs of an American circus in the 1940s I have wanted to photograph a circus myself. I finally got the chance to do so this past weekend photographing Webers Circus as it is performing in Canberra over the next few weeks.

The only thing the circus is missing are the typical circus animals, this is because, as I explained to my parents, the ACT has banned all circuses with animals in their show, "Prostitutes are ok but animals in circuses aren't", to which Andrew quickly replied, "Yea, we have morals". Even without the animals it was a great show and a fun chance to relive part of my childhood.

I know there are a lot here but I took over 700 so trust me when I say that I narrowed this down. My favourite two are down at the bottom so I can finish with the best.




They did have a few animals but I don't think dogs and miniature ponies count





I just love the shadow following her on the wall, it makes me think of Peter Pan






This I had to include because the guy was pulled from the audience to follow along with what the clown told him to do and as soon as she left the ring he started dancing around and didn't notice her return





No comments:

Post a Comment