Thursday 24 March 2011

Corrine Day

“Photography is getting as close as you can to real life, showing us things we don’t normally see. These are people’s most intimate moments, and sometimes intimacy is sad.” – Corinne Day

I find Corrine Day to be one of the most inspirational photographers I have looked at. She had such drive, such force and creativity. It seemed as though she could go anywhere, do anything, she was a breakthrough artist, always striving. Her images are striking in so many ways, they are bold and direct, they are creative and mysterious, they all have her flair.

She is known as the person who discovered Kate Moss, the one who started drug/waif look. She was free, quick on her feet and it appeared always creating. When I think of how I want to be considered at the end of my career I know that I want to be like her, even if I don't make the impact she did I want to know that I tried.

From the shoot that started everything, one of the images from the Kate Moss shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment