Wednesday 20 April 2011

Liam Bailey

Well, with my parents in the country I find that I get a lot less done, it probably doesn't help that I haven't seen them in 1.5 years so time with them seems so much more important then anything else. While they're spending a few fabulous days in Melbourne I'll get on with some posting, or at least try to.

The good thing about trying to clean up my inbox this past week was that I got to rediscover all sorts of books, websites and artist that I had forgotten about. Liam Bailey, this weeks Artist of the Week, is one of those.

Below Liam does one of the things I love about photographer, he shows people the beauty in discarded objects. The first ___ photographs are balls that were found around London, you wouldn't normally look twice at these but Liam forces you to, and they're great once you look. They all have character to them that you never would have noticed if it wasn't for Liam. So enjoy, and check out some of his other work here.

All Photographs are property of Liam Bailey.




I couldn't resist adding these last two either, they are a collection of postage stamps that Liam found at flea markets and the like. His work has a distinct archival quality to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment