Friday 8 April 2011

Dan Wilton

Dan Wilton is one of those artist of my age that I referred to a few posts ago that acts the way I think artist my age should act, it makes me a bit jealous of how I perceive his lifestyle to be (for all I know he spends his Saturday nights feeding his cats and reading on the couch sipping tea but somehow I don't think so). His work is part of this genre of raw, street/party photography and culture that has been present in artists since the 1960s. He hangs out with musicians, goes to festivals and explores weird and bizarre looks for his photographs, I can't help but love it.

Below are some of my, so far, favourite works that Wilton has done. All photographs are property of Dan Wilton, more wild adventures can be seen on his blog.

The photo above and the two below are some of Dan's photographs from Bestival


This one and the two below are from a project Dan did when the financial crisis hit the UK a few years ago





No comments:

Post a Comment