Saturday 19 February 2011

Book Review: Expressive Photography

I get most of my books from the library, saving the purchases for ones I will turn to time and again. Expressive Photography: The Shutter Sisters' Guide to Shooting from the Heart is one that will remain on my shelves and wear down quickly.


It doesn't teach techniques but offers tips and inspiration from a variety of passionate female photographers. It's their words that have me reach for the camera and feeling the thrill I get from behind the lens reignite. This will be a book I reach for when I feel down and unsure of my work, a book that will remind me what inspires me and why I do what I do.

The only thing I am disappointed about is the ending because, there wasn't one. Instead, the last section finished and the book was done. I didn't need a big wrap up but I think something was needed to tie it all together.

If you're a female photographer, or even just someone looking for a bit of creative motivation, I'd highly recommend this book, you can always get it from your local library just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment