Friday 1 July 2011

Kenmore Asylum

Last weekend my friend Alex took me out to the old Kenmore Asylum in order to take some photographs. Of course, Alex forgot his camera so he just took the time to show me around, he and a few others had spent a lot of time at the asylum a year or two ago when they were shooting a very creepy short film.

We headed out early in the morning and I got some great shots while the sun was slowly warming the day up for us. Below are some of the photographs that I really liked from the day, I really had a hard time narrowing it down. What I found to be most eerie about the old asylum, besides the fact that they were about to start renovating to turn the place into a resort of B&Bs, is that all the buildings are so nicely intact and looked after just completely empty.

Take a look and let me know what you think.



















1 comment:

  1. Of course a girl from Philly would enjoy snooping around an asylum =) Of course, it looks a little nicer than Eastern State, but they're really going to turn it into a B&B!? hahaha, that's creepy. I started counting to list which ones I liked, but realized I'd be writing out most of them. they're lovely =)

    ReplyDelete